Home > Aokigahara Forest and Ice Cave
Aokigahara Forest and Ice Cave
Aokigahara forest and cave experience
Experience the otherworldly beauty of Aokigahara, a dense forest of twisting trees near the base of Mount Fuji. With a private guide leading the course, wind your way through woods that sit atop hardened lava until you reach an ice cave. Step inside the chilly cavern to see icicles and icy walls that glimmer like crystals in the dark.
Following pickup from your Fujinomiya hotel, set off for a short ride toward Aokigahara. Along the way, make a stop at Lake Motosu, 1 of the 5 lakes surrounding towering Mount Fuji. Here, enjoy time to snap photos of the glassy water sitting beneath the snow-capped peak before continuing on to the forest.
Once you reach your destination, get ready for an adventure unlike any other. Trek through the verdant forest, marveling at the way the trees twist and turn out of a forest floor made of ancient lava. Enjoy the supernatural sound of silence as you walk through the woods, eventually reaching one of the natural caves that are scattered throughout the forest.
With your helmet and headlamp, make your way into the mouth of the cave, disappearing into a mysterious world where the temperature rarely rises above 37 degrees Fahrenheit (3 C). Wander along craggy passageways and walls of ice until you reach the most magical scene at the end of the cave. Stand in awe as you gaze up at the glimmering icicles that hang from the ceiling before making your way back out for the return ride to Fujinomiya.
- Awesome view of Mt. Fuji
- Walking inside of Aokigahara forest
- Walking on ice inside of lava cave
- Experience complete dark and silence
- Natural icicles and ice pond end of cave
||March to December
||8 years old
|Meeting at the hotel
||Free transportation is available from your hotel
||8persons or more/td>
- Guide fee
- Snacks (Chocolate and candies)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (If needed)
- Headlight and helmet
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- English interpreter (If needed)
Cap, trekking shoes, rainwear (Separate type), Warm clothes, thick socks, water, backpack and groves
- Reply for your inquiry is the latest 48 hours. In case you do not receive any reply after 48 hours, pleasekindly resend your email.
- Please make phone call if you want to arrange tour within 3 days.
- Please feel free to request us to find your accommodation in town.
- Free pickup and drop-off at hotel in Fujinomiya city is available. Please inform us in advance if youneed.
- Our tour shall be taken place even some rain and wind.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
- There is a possibility to cancel tour a day before if the weather prospect is poor. In this case, we shall not charge any cancellation fee. Please change the date or request to refund (Bank fee is shoulderedby customer).
- Once tour is started, however, it discontinued with some reasons (Due to weather or health conditionetc), no refund shall be made after tour.