Aokigahara Forest and Ice Cave
Aokigahara forest and cave experience
Experience this amazing creature of nature. Aokigahara forest is one of most famous forest in Japan since this forest has been influenced by eruption of Mt. Fuji.
Aokigahara forest, this mysterious forest was created in 10th century by Mt. Omuro eruption. Then it took 1100 years to be current shape and gifted plenty of lava caves inside of the forest.
Mt. Fuji is known as mecca of lava caves, over 100 natural caves are existed around Mt. Fuji.
No light, no sound・・・・・・, you can hear only sound of drips…. Once you enter inside of caves,
It cools you down even in summer time. Inside of cave is maintained around 2 degrees. The icicle is shining after spotted by lights and it looks just natural crystal.
- Awesome view of Mt. Fuji
- Walking inside of Aokigahara forest
- Walking on ice inside of lava cave
- Experience complete dark and silence
- Natural icicles and ice pond end of cave
What you can expect
Your transfer vehicle is coming to your hotel, then make a trip to northwest part of Mt. Fuji. On the way going to Aokigahara Forest, we will make short stop nearby Lake Motosu, one of 5 lakes of Mt. Fuji. After shooting some photos at Lake Motosu, the car is moving off to the forest.
Be prepare your baggage for trekking. Soon after arriving at Aokigahara forest, we make some stretching around entrance gate. After quick briefing, finally we start walking in forest. Easy walking into the forest, you will find some trace of eruption from ground and trees. Since this area is damaged by eruption in 10th century, the mud is very shallow and routes are revealed outside of ground.
After 30 minutes walking, the natural lava cave is in front of you. The cave is hugely open the mouth and feel like going into the giant’s body….. So thrilling! Put your helmet and lights on….. Get ready!
Once you enter inside of cave, turn off your light. Inside of cave is complete dark and sound is made by drops only. Walking on the rock and ice….. Inside of cave is always maintains around 2 degrees. Feel like inside of natural refrigerator.
Keep walking to deep part of cave, you find some huge natural icicles. They are shining by your lights and looks like natural diamond….. Amazing!
After 40 minutes of walking form entrance of cave, the biggest highlight is waiting for you. The amazing ice lakes and icicles are in front. The scene is simply fantastic and so unusual. Get ready your camera!
Going back same route to reach our vehicle. Pop on and car trip takes about 40 minutes to reach your hotel.
||March to December
||8 years old
|Meeting at the hotel
||Free transportation is available from your hotel
||8persons or more/td>
- Guide fee
- Snacks (Chocolate and candies)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (If needed)
- Headlight and helmet
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- English interpreter (If needed)
Cap, trekking shoes, rainwear (Separate type), Warm clothes, thick socks, water, backpack and groves
- Reply for your inquiry is the latest 48 hours. In case you do not receive any reply after 48 hours, pleasekindly resend your email.
- Please make phone call if you want to arrange tour within 3 days.
- Please feel free to request us to find your accommodation in town.
- Free pickup and drop-off at hotel in Fujinomiya city is available. Please inform us in advance if youneed.
- Our tour shall be taken place even some rain and wind.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
- There is a possibility to cancel tour a day before if the weather prospect is poor. In this case, we shall not charge any cancellation fee. Please change the date or request to refund (Bank fee is shoulderedby customer).
- Once tour is started, however, it discontinued with some reasons (Due to weather or health conditionetc), no refund shall be made after tour.