Experience 3 beautiful water falls and local culture
Explore west of Mt. Fuji with 3 beautiful water falls and local culture!
Get the best of nature and culture on this private 6-hour tour in Shitraito area, located 15 km west of Mt. Fuji.
Hike to some of the most famous waterfalls and local temples in Japan, and learn about the 12th-century legend of the Soga brothers and see sites associated with the tale. During the walking trip hiking, partake in a traditional tea ceremony, and then learn how to make the famous yakisoba noodles. If you want to see more, upgrade to also include a visit to the nearby Hitoana Shrine and lava cave.
- Private 6-hour hiking tour around the world heritage site Shiraito waterfall
- Trek to the sacred Shiraito Falls, as well as Asahi and Otodome waterfalls
- Partake in a traditional tea ceremony
- Learn how to make Fujinomiya Yakisoba, the most famous yakisoba in Japan
- Find out about the legendary Soga brothers and visit an historical site related to the story
- Receive the undivided attention of a professional guide on this private tour
- Upgrade to include a visit to Hitoana Shrine and a lava cave
What You Can Expect
With comfortable shoes on, hop inside your transfer vehicle at your Fujinomiya city hotel, and then set off for your trek on the western side of Mt Fuji. On the drive to your first stop, learn about the history and culture of the area from your guide.
Begin your 3.7-mile (6-km) hike by visiting one of the old sakura tree. The flower is open only in April. This tree stands beside of the Ide house built in 12th century. Then, continue the trek along the flat, concrete road, hiking to eye-pleasing Asahi waterfall.
After some more leisurely hiking and a stop at Hongenji Temple, take a load off for a while and partake in a traditional tea ceremony. The ceremony is done in the Ogasawara style from the 12th-century Kamakura period in Japanese history. If all that hiking has built up a hunger, take delight in some traditional yakisoba noodles.
First learn to make the noodle, which is pan-fried and then paired in a bowl with pork and veggies, and then indulge in your creation.
Walk off lunch by continuing the trek to the Shiraito Falls, which is considered sacred as the source of the water is the melted snow from Mt Fuji. Spend some time admiring the falls, which are like a long blanket of water tumbling down.
Otodome waterfall is 5minutes walk from Shiraito waterfall. The falls are associated with the 12th-century Soga brothers. The story deals with a murdered father and a revenge plot. The revenge plot took place at Otodome, which in Japanese means 'noise suddenly stops,' because the usually noisy waterfall stopped making noise, allowing the brothers to plot the revenge of their father’s murder. This story is one of most popular stories in Kabuki play.
Tour plus Hitoana shrine and Lava Cave
Extend your day and visit the nearby Hitoana Shrine and lava cave with your guide. Built as a sanctuary to those who believe in Mt Fuji’s sacredness, Hitoana Shrine is home to more than 200 intriguing monuments. Stroll the precinct, learning about Kakugyo Hasegawa — the site’s founder — and then take a 10-minute walk to the entrance of lava cave. With a provided helmet and spot light to help you see in the dark, head inside to explore.
While the area around Mt Fuji is known for its lava caves, very few are accessible. So make the most of your chance to explore one with your guide, and learn about the area’s geology and ancient eruptions.
Both experiences finish with a hotel drop-off.
|Minimum number||1 person|
|Minimum age||8 years old|
|Meeting at the hotel||Free transportation is available from your hotel|
|route||Shiraito area in Fujinomiya city|
|1 person||2 persons||3 persons||4 persons|
|5 persons||6 persons||7 persons||---|
- English Speaking Guide
- Japanese Yakisoba lunch
- Snacks (Chocolate and candies)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (If needed)
- Tea ceremony fee
- Helmet and spotlight (if caving option selected)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Walking shoes, rainwear, warm clothes, thick socks, water, backpack
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Please remember to wear comfortable hiking shoes, bring a rain jacket, towel, drinking water,
extra pants and trekking pole (trekking pole can be rented for additional fee)
- Shoes may be wet after tour if caving option selected
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
- There is a possibility to cancel tour a day before if the weather prospect is poor. In this case, we shall not charge any cancellation fee. Please change the date or request to refund (Bank fee is shouldered
- Once tour is started, however, it discontinued with some reasons (Due to weather or health condition
etc), no refund shall be made after tour.